Our Winning Methods of Replacing Missing Teeth
Your oral health has the ability to negatively impact your overall health. Missing teeth that go untreated can lead to a list of additional problems in your mouth and throughout your body. At Titirangi Dental, we offer the finest quality treatments for replacing missing teeth, which is why we’re here to explain your options to you.
The Causes and Risks of Missing Teeth
Missing teeth can be caused by tooth decay, gum diseases, dental injuries, dental extractions, ageing, wear and tear, and even genetics. There’s no shortage of reasons for missing teeth which is why it’s so important to stay on top of your oral hygiene every day.
Missing teeth can lead to a huge range of risks, including:
- Causing your jaw bone to shrink and your gums to recede – this weakens the surrounding teeth and increases your risk of tooth decay and plaque build-up
- The surrounding teeth can migrate into the gap, leading to misalignment, crooked teeth or overcrowding in the mouth
- Increasing your risk of gum disease as pockets form and allow bacteria to grow and multiply
Gum disease and poor oral health can also lead to severe health issues throughout your body, including:
- Heart disease caused by infections and inflammation – this can lead to cardiovascular disease, strokes, or clogged arteries
- Germs and bacteria can spread to your bloodstream and cause an infection in the inner lining of your heart, known as endocarditis
- Premature birth in pregnant women who have gum disease due to increased levels of chemicals in the body
Our Best Methods of Replacing Missing Teeth
If you’re suffering from missing teeth, Titirangi Dental offers high-quality dental restorations and tooth replacements in West Auckland. We use the latest techniques, equipment and dental materials to rebuild your smile.
Dental implants are a permanent, effective method of replacing one or more missing teeth down to the root. This procedure has an extremely high success rate, and it involves inserting an implant into the root of the missing tooth and allowing it to fuse with the bone. Once completed, a crown is used to restore its size, shape and colour.
Dental bridges are used to literally bridge the gap between teeth. The process involves grinding down the adjacent teeth and placing a supportive bridge between them, offering stability and strength. Dental bridges are also fairly easy to install and look fantastic when completed correctly.
Speak to Titirangi Dental about Your Choices
Don’t be frustrated and put at risk by your missing teeth any longer. Get in touch with the professional team of dentists at Titirangi Dental in West Auckland to discover your best treatment option. Call us on 09 817 6057 or contact us online.